le Queen of Frozen Treats

When I was small, I saw a movie about two kids. The plot of the story escapes me now, but only one thing mattered to me at all. About halfway through the movie, they create the most delicious looking desert on the planet. So, being the wonderful idea-stealing child that I was, I came home from school one day and demanded to have some vanilla ice cream, a bag of non-nut M&Ms, chocolate Hershey's syrup, nuts, and fudge-striped cookies.

That evening I sat down in front of the television and ate my blend of fat-inducing snacks without a care in the world. I don't even recall paying attention to the moving pictures on the television. All my mental concentration was switched over to the ice cream and sugar in a cup concoction.

It must have been one year later or so, when I was out shopping with my aunt and uncle. They stopped at a local Dairy Queen* for a break and some ice cream. Imagine my surprise when I stepped in and realized that other people in the world ate ice cream with COOKIES and M&Ms just like I did. Instead of feeling excited and glad, I proceeded to become exceedingly angry. I was under the impression that all of this was my idea and they had stolen it. Apparently my little child brain had repressed the memory that I had stolen the idea from a movie, but that was besides the point. I swore from that day on to never eat a Dairy Queen Blizzard.

What's the point of this little anecdote? I am craving one of those Blizzards RIGHT NOW. And I will stop at nothing to get it! Not even the fact that it's winter. My kingdom for some ice cream!



*It's like a Burger King, but for ... dairy? They sell burgers, hot dogs, ice cream, and whatnot.

Awesome: BLIZZARDS! Did I mention that I haven't had one in quite a while? My favorite flavor is M&M. You know...just in case you were wondering...
Current Book: Re-reading 13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson. It just came into the library and I just had to take it.

2 comments:

  1. Someday you will come to STL and I will buy you a concrete . It's the ORIGINAL blizzard. DQ stole the idea from Ted Drewes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 13 Blue Envelopes is awesome! I would love to know your opinion about the book.

    ReplyDelete